We all use energy, and in most cases, could probably use less. Experience shows that businesses could make energy savings of up to 10 to 20% by using some basic low or no-cost energy efficiency measures. With a little bit of investment, even greater savings can be made.
At E.ON we're committed to helping all of our business customers to become more business energy efficient. And for our business customers, we’ve developed a range of specific energy efficiency tools. These tools will help your business reduce its energy costs by starting you on a journey to becoming a more sustainable business, just as we’ve done. Click here to find out what we’ve been doing.
We have a series of downloadable worksheets and a dedicated energy efficiency helpline that could help you save money across different areas of your business, from lighting to heating. We can also show you how to implement a business energy efficiency action plan.
Or you can call our team of experts on 0345 301 4889 (Monday to Friday from 09:00am to 5:00pm excluding bank and other public holidays).
General energy and money saving tips for your company
- Check regularly on your consumption of electricity, gas and oil,
and that your bills relate to what you actually use, rather than an
- Switch off lights in empty rooms and corridors - especially at
the end of the day. This can save you up to 15% on your energy bill.
- Keep windows closed in cold weather. If staff are too warm, turn the heating down instead.
- Don't use more light than you need. Remove or switch off unused light fittings.
- Clean light fittings yearly. Dirt reduces lighting efficiency, encouraging people to switch more lights on.
- Set the thermostat at 19ºC - costs rise by 8% for every 1ºC increase.
- Don't heat unused space. Storerooms, corridors and areas
where there's heavy physical work can be set to lower temperatures.
Reduce heating during holidays and weekends.
- Check thermostats are sited out of draughts and away from either cold or hot spots.
- Keep radiators clear of furniture - it reduces their efficiency output.
6 Step energy efficiency action plan
At E.ON we’re keen to help our business customers become more energy efficient. Why? Because more energy efficient businesses have lower bills – and as lower bills generally mean happier customers, it’s better for us too. Being energy efficient doesn’t have to be a complex process.Our downloadable action plan and reference guides below will help point you in the right direction.