The E.ON Energy Experience activities require the free Macromedia Flash Player 8 or above. If you don't have this player, or if you are unsure whether you have it, you can find out more about Flash here.
To view the PDFs of the classroom packs, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader for free here.
The activities in the E.ON Energy Experience have been tested with a number of computer set-ups and are known to work with the following:
Win XP SP2:
- Internet Explorer 6, Flash Player 9
- Opera 9, Flash Player 9
- Firefox 1.5, Flash Player 9
- Firefox 1.5, Flash Player 8
- Opera 8.5, Flash Player 8
The E.ON Energy Experience has been developed to comply with Priority 2 of the web accessibility guidelines, as published by the W3C (Worldwide Web Consortium).
User machine specification
- Minimum processor - 450Mhz Pentium II processor
- Minimum 128Mb ram
- Windows 98/Macintosh OS x 10.1.x
- Supported browsers - Microsoft IE6 (PC only), Firefox 1.0, Mozilla, Opera 6 and Safari
- Target download time using dial-up connection across V34 standard (28.8Kbps) modem 16 seconds (50k pages)
- Individual pages/screens are not designed for printability unless specified as such
- Optimised for 1024x768 screen resolution
- Cross-format file formats used for content eg JPEG, GIF, PNG, MPG, MP3, SWF
- Cross-format file formats used for downloadable content eg PDF, RTF, CSV, TIF
The E.ON Energy Experience has been developed for E.ON UK by EdComs. If you have any technical problems with the Energy Experience, please contact EdComs for support.
Desert photo: istockphoto.com
Boscastle flooding photo: David Flowers
Sources of figures in Energy sources
Figures for percentage of UK's electricity supplied by each energy source, and for electricity generated by power stations (except wind and coal) taken from DTI Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES 2005) Table 5.6.