The E.ON Energy Experience activities require the free Macromedia Flash Player 8 or above. If you do not have this player, or if you are unsure whether you have it, you can find out more about Flash here.
To view the PDFs of the classroom packs, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader for free here.
The activities in the E.ON Energy Experience have been tested with a number of computer set-ups and are known to work with the following:
Win XP SP2:
- Internet Explorer 6, Flash Player 9
- Opera 9, Flash Player 9
- Firefox 1.5, Flash Player 9
- Firefox 1.5, Flash Player 8
- Opera 8.5, Flash Player 8
The E.ON Energy Experience has been developed to comply with Priority 2 of the web accessibility guidelines, as published by the W3C (Worldwide Web Consortium).
User machine specification
- Minimum processor - 450Mhz Pentium II processor
- Minimum 128Mb ram
- Windows 98/Macintosh OS x 10.1.x
- Supported browsers - Microsoft IE6 (PC only), Firefox 1.0, Mozilla, Opera 6 and Safari
- Target download time using dial-up connection across V34 standard (28.8Kbps) modem 16 seconds (50k pages)
- Individual pages/screens are not designed for printability unless specified as such
- Optimised for 1024x768 screen resolution
- Cross-format file formats used for content eg JPEG, GIF, PNG, MPG, MP3, SWF
- Cross-format file formats used for downloadable content eg PDF, RTF, CSV, TIF
The E.ON Energy Experience has been developed for E.ON UK by EdComs. If you have any technical problems with the Energy Experience, please contact EdComs for support.
The carbon tsar
Boscastle images: David Flower
Toyota Prius: www.calcars.org
New Orleans: http://www.wwltv.com
The environmental scientist
1953 floods: http://www.thamesweb.com/
Bangladesh: World Food Program
Mangroves: Helen at http://community.webshots.com
Activity card - map of Shrewsbury: streetmap.co.uk