E.ON urges Highland residents to apply for free and subsidised energy savings measures
At E.ON we’re committed to supporting the UK’s actions to clean the air by reducing carbon emissions and the impact we all have on the environment. Our offer to Highlands residents further demonstrates our commitment to reducing energy usage across the UK. This is all part of our work to help build a smarter and more sustainable future
· Free cavity wall and loft insulation available to eligible residents in the Highlands, regardless of their energy supplier
· Grants available to eligible Highland residents towards the cost of external wall insulation and installing an air source heat pump
· Potential savings of up to £325 per home from free and subsidised insulation measures
· Savings of over £1,300 for homes installing an air source heat pump
E.ON is working with The Highland Council to offer eligible residents the opportunity to improve the energy efficiency of their homes by installing energy efficiency measures, available to eligible residents regardless of who supplies their energy.
Eligible residents1 can apply for free cavity wall and loft insulation and Scottish Government grant funding towards the costs of installing external wall insulation to their properties.
Around a third of all the heat lost in an uninsulated home escapes through the walls and a quarter through the roof2. By insulating cavity walls and loft spaces, residents could reduce the heat loss from their homes and lower their energy costs by around £325 per year3. People living in properties with solid walls, could save around £2604 a year by installing external wall insulation.
In an additional offer, together with The Highland Council and the Scottish Government, E.ON is offering eligible residents5 the opportunity to receive funding towards the cost of installing an air source heat pump on their property.
The typical cost of installing an air source heat pump is between £7,000 to £11,0006. Eligible residents could receive funding up to £7,500 towards the costs of installation and finance options are available for the remaining costs6. Residents taking up the offer could see a potential savings of up to £1,3157 on their annual fuel bill by replacing electric storage heaters with an air source heat pump.
An air source heat pump uses electricity to extract heat from the outside air, in the same way a refrigerator extracts heat to keep the inside cool. Heat from the air can be extracted even when temperatures are as low as -15° C and can be used to heat both the home and the hot water tank. If the electricity is provided from a renewable supply source then the process is carbon zero.
By installing an air source heat pump in their property residents can benefit from a renewable energy source, which offers reliability throughout the year, the convenience of not having to wait in for fuel refills and knowing that they are reducing the impact on the environment.
Nigel Dewbery, Director of E.ON’s Obligation Delivery and Installation Services business, said: “At E.ON we’re committed to supporting the UK’s actions to clean the air by reducing carbon emissions and the impact we all have on the environment.
“We now provide 3.4 million homes across Britain with electricity backed by 100% renewable sources as standard8, at no extra cost and our offer to Highlands residents further demonstrates our commitment to reducing energy usage across the UK. This is all part of our work to help build a smarter and more sustainable future.”
The Highland Council, said: “We aim to build on our successful alliance with E.ON to offer households support to improve the energy efficiency of their property and reduce their energy costs and environmental impact.
“Installing cavity wall and loft Insulation is an easy and simple way to ensure your home is as energy efficient as possible. External Wall Insulation offers a number of benefits to the householder including reducing energy bills and improving the aesthetic appearance. Air source heat pumps are an ideal solution for homeowners in the Highlands, who are off the gas grid and rely on electric storage heating, oil or LPG.
“If you are interested in the offers please contact E.ON to find out more and book a survey.”
E.ON offers a range of energy efficient and smart home solutions to ensure customers can be as efficient as possible. As well as A-rated, highly efficient Worcester Bosch gas boilers and flexible payment terms9 for these, E.ON offers smart meters, smart thermostats and solar and battery technology which can all help people better manage their home energy use, and even generate their own power.
· For details about the offer call E.ON on 0330 400 1020, quoting “EES ABS”.
Notes to editors
1. The offer is available to home owners and privately rented properties within the Highlands which are in council tax bands A, B and C. Properties in council tax band D are eligible if they have an EPC rating of E, F or G. Or households which meet the income threshold and are either in fuel poverty or someone living at the property is vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home could also be eligible for the measures.
3. Estimates for loft insulation based insulating a gas-heated semi-detached home with a totally uninsulated loft (0mm) with 270mm of loft insulation. Figures are based on fuel prices as of April 2019. https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/home-insulation/roof-and-loft . And estimates for cavity wall insulation based on a typical oil-heated semi-detached home. Figures are based on fuel prices as of April 2019. https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/home-insulation/cavity-wall
4. Estimates based on insulating a gas-heated semi-detached home. Prices are based on fuel prices as of April 2019. https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/home-insulation/solid-wall
5. The offer is available to owner occupiers and privately rented properties within the Highlands which are in Council Tax bands A-C (D is eligible if EPC rating is E, F or G), living in a conservation area. The heavily discounted offer is available through the Scottish Government who has provided this grant funding for the scheme which is delivered in conjunction with E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited
7. Potential annual savings of installing a standard air source heat pump in an average sized 4 bedroom detached home and is dependent on what electric storage system you use and your household electricity usage. Figures are based on fuel prices as of February 2019. https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/renewable-energy/heat/air-source-heat-pumps
8. Electricity sourced from E.ON’s renewable generation assets, supply agreements with independent UK wind generators and the purchase of renewable electricity certificates. The electricity supplied to your homes comes from the National Grid. Find out more at https://www.eonenergy.com/renewable.html
9. E.ON Energy Installation Services Ltd acts as a credit broker and not a lender and work exclusively with Creation Consumer Finance Ltd who acts as the lender. Credit subject to status, terms and conditions apply. E.ON reserves the right to amend its finance offering at any time and may withdraw at short notice. E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 09965944 with its registered office at Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG. E.ON Energy Installation Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to credit broking services under number 750410.
The information (including any forecasts or projections) contained in this press release (the "Information") reflects the views and opinions of E.ON on the date of this press release. The Information is intended as a guide only and nothing contained within this press release is to be taken, or relied upon, as advice. E.ON makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the Information (including, without limitation, any as to its quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose) and E.ON accepts no liability whatsoever for any action or omission taken by you in relation to the Information. Any reliance you place on the Information is solely at your own risk. This press release is the property of E.ON and you may not copy, modify, publish, repost or distribute it without our permission. © E.ON 2020