The Stags Holt Wind Farm:
- Provides around 10,000 homes annual electricity needs.
- Displaces 20,340 tonnes of carbon dioxide each year.
- Helps to meet government targets for renewable energy - 460MW in the Eastern Region where the wind farm is located.
Why Stags Holt
- Good, reliable wind resource
- No significant noise impact
- Visual impact deemed to be acceptable
- Grid connection capacity available
Formal planning permission for the nine turbines at Stags Holt Wind Farm was granted by Fenland District Council in September 2005. The project was originally developed by TXU, and was acquired by E.ON in December 2002. Construction started on the wind farm in 2006 and was completed towards the end of 2007.
||South-west of Coldham, near March, Cambridgeshire
||100m to blade tip