We’re in the process of awarding lead contracts of work to suppliers, and therefore currently producing the final timetable of onshore works.
The indicative timetable for the construction works is as follows:
We'll be issuing more detailed construction schedules shortly, which will be available online and shared with the local councils.
The onshore cable route will be constructed in 12 stages, outlined below. For each of these stages, we'll be sharing more detailed information as construction activity commences.
- Stage 1 – Bolney Substation
- Stage 2 - Bob Lane and Herring Stream
- Stage 3 - Woodmancote and A281
- Stage 4 - Three stream crossings and Horn Lane
- Stage 5 - Edburton Road
- Stage 6 – Tottington Mount and South Downs Way
- Stage 7 - Beeding Hill
- Stage 8 - Coombes Road and River Adur HDD
- Stage 9 - Five Ways PRoW Crossing and Titch Hill
- Stage 10 - Lambleys Lane and A27 HDD exit pit
- Stage 11 - Upper Brighton Road to North of Railway
- Stage 12 - North of Railway to Brooklands
You can also find more information on our Community Information Sheet. Click here.
Public Rights of Way
As part of our construction planning, we're consulting with users of the Public Rights of Way tracks along the cable route, to ensure that any closures are communicated in a clear and helpful way. We've established a PRoW Liaison Group, and have been working with Parish Councils to raise awareness of the coming works.
If you would like to see how we're proposing to manage the temporary closures, please see the illustrations below. A detailed schedule of works will be shared before construction starts, and any closures will be detailed.
For more detailed information on proposed PRoW closures and diversions, please visit the PRoW page here.
If you would like to join the PRoW liaison group, please email email@example.com with and expression of interest.
Illustration of Closed PRoW in Working Area
Illustration of Open PRoW in Working Area