A regular boiler is perfect if
- You already have an existing regular/conventional boiler – old radiators are sometimes unable to cope with higher water pressure delivered by system or combi boilers
- You have low water pressure in your area – as the water tank is in the loft, flow rate is controlled by gravity instead of relying on water pressure from your mains
- You have a large home where multiple taps and showers are on at the same time
How do regular boilers work?
A comfortable and warm home
Reliable and tidy installation by professionals
Extra protection for your boiler
Boiler types explained – how is a conventional boiler different from others?
There are three types of boiler – regular, system and combi:
- Regular boilers – these heat-only boilers are linked to a cold water tank kept in the loft. Water is heated by a heat exchanger and then stored in a hot water cylinder ready to be used.
- System boilers – have a built-in heat exchanger in the boiler, so water is heated up and stored hot water in a cylinder. A water storage tank in the loft is not needed.
- Combi boilers – not linked to a hot water cylinder or tank in the loft, water is taken directly from the mains and heated by the boiler on demand i.e. when you switch your tap on.
Combi boiler or conventional boiler?
Should you replace your conventional boiler with a combi boiler? We recommend sticking to a heat-only boiler if:
- You have a big and busy home where you need a supply of hot water to multiple outlets at the same time. Unlike a combi boiler, if multiple taps are running there will be minimal effect on water pressure
- Water pressure in your area is low
- If you already have a conventional boiler and have older radiators
We recommend changing to a combi boiler if:
- You don’t need more than two taps or showers running at the same time
- You want to save space and use your loft – combi boilers do not need a cold water storage tank or hot water cylinder
We know finding the right boiler can be confusing – answer a few questions on our online tool and we’ll find the right boiler for your home.
The legal stuff
1 E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited acts as a credit broker and not a lender and work exclusively with Creation Consumer Finance Limited who acts as the lender. Credit subject to status, Terms and Conditions apply. E.ON reserves the right to amend its finance offering at any time and may withdraw at short notice. E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 09965944 with its registered office at Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG. E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to credit broking services under number 750410.
2 Conventional boiler Installed within five working days if you have no heating and no hot water, from the point you accept your heat-only boiler quote and either make your upfront payment or accept the Terms and Conditions of your finance agreement.