I'm supplied by E.ON and my invoice is showing a credit balance. Can I have a refund?

If you are supplied by us we'll need to make sure you're billed up to date, so you'll need to provide us with an actual meter reading. If you have other accounts in your portfolio, they would need to be paid up to date too. 

You can submit your meter reading, or discuss your other accounts by calling us on the number at the top of your bill. If your supply is Half-Hourly metered there is no need for you to give us a reading.


I’ve changed supplier and my account is in credit. How do I get a refund?

Once we’ve sent your final bill we’ll refund you any credit by cheque (within 28 days, unless your credit is over £5000, in which case it might take us a little longer).

If you’re concerned that you haven’t received a refund after changing supplier and it’s been more than 28 days since you received your final bill, give us a call on the number on the top of your invoice and we’ll be happy to help.

I’ve moved out of my current premises and my account is in credit. How do I get a refund?

When you give us your final meter readings and a forwarding address, we’ll update your account, calculate your balance and send you your final bill.

We'll usually refund you any credit on a final bill if we have an actual meter reading and you have told us your forwarding address. If you paid by Direct Debit we’ll refund your bank account, so please don’t cancel your Direct Debit. If you paid any other way we’ll send you a cheque.

My bill is showing a credit balance. Can I have a refund?

If you pay by fixed monthly Direct Debit it’s normal for your account to be in credit at certain points of the year as the amount of energy you use may vary. This option lets you spread out the cost, by paying a fixed amount each month and building up a credit to help with the months where you consume more. 

You can still request a refund, we'll ask you for a meter reading and warn you that your future Direct Debit payments may need to change. We may complete a review of your payment amount at the time we process the refund, this is because we try to get your balance as close to zero as we can by your annual review.

If you pay by cash or cheque, your credit will automatically be taken off your next bill.

If you still want a refund we’ll need to make sure you’re billed up to date, so you’ll need to provide us with an actual meter reading. You can submit your meter reading online or by calling us on 0345 055 0065. Please take the reading before getting in touch, as we’ll ask for this first.

I’ve changed supplier and my account is in credit. How do I get a refund?

Once we have closed your account and agreed your final read with your new supplier we will send any refund within 10 working days unless your credit is over £3000 which will take a little longer.

If you were a Direct Debit customer we’ll automatically refund your credit to your bank. Please don’t cancel your Direct Debit before we do this.

If you do not have a Direct Debit set up don’t worry we will send you a cheque. Please take this to the bank.

I don’t have a bank account. Can you still issue my refund?

We can re-issue the cheque to someone else, please contact us. If you have a pay as you go meter please give us a call on 0345 302 4272 we need to check everything’s up to date. After we’ve talked to you, we’ll be able to send you any refund that you’re due.

My name is wrong on the cheque you’ve sent me. Can this be corrected?

If there’s a spelling mistake, please contact us or call us on 0345 055 0065 so we can re-issue a cheque.

If you’ve changed your name, please let us know as we may need you to provide evidence if you’re no longer supplied by us.

Why has it taken so long for you to send me my final bill refund?

If we weren’t given final reads when you moved out, we’ve left enough time for the estimated final reading to be contested by the new occupier. We’ve now refunded a final credit based upon estimated meter readings.

If you didn't provide a forwarding address when you moved, that could slow things down too.