You must have the correct meter types and cable/pipe work capacity in place to match your energy consumption and to comply with certain rules and regulations. These include:

If your business exceeds 100 kWh of electricity, you may need a Half-Hourly (HH) meter. Please speak to your supplier about this. If your supply exceeds 110 kVa, you must also have a Meter Operator Agreement to rent and maintain the HH meter. Meter Operator Agreements, which can last five years or more, give you the freedom to choose an energy supplier that can offer the best value at the time of the Agreement.

From April 2009, all new electricity Non Half-Hourly (NHH) supplies with meter profile 5-8 and all new gas supplies with an annual consumption of more than 732,000 kWh (25,000 therms) must be capable of being read by an Automated Meter Reader (AMR) or data logger. By April 2014, this extends to all existing power and gas supplies in these categories. For electricity, the meter must be read at least half-hourly and for gas, hourly.

For more information

For more information, contact your Account Manager or call 02476 42 42 42*.

Find out more about Automated Meter Reading.

*We're open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, or Friday 8.30am to 4pm.