Feed-in Tariff (FiT) is available on all eligible installations and has been paid on generation from April 2010, although the rates changed from 3rd March 2012. It's income that is paid on generation of electricity by the technology, whether it is used or exported back to the grid.
How the FiT works
- The current Feed-in Tariff has been set by Government for a full 25 years at guaranteed rates2
- You'll be paid for all the electricity you generate whether you use it or not
- You'll receive an additional payment for the electricity you export back to the electricity network
- Because you're generating your own electricity from Solar PV, the building occupier will avoid the cost of buying it from the electricity network
- E.ON take care of all the metering, registration and certification required to claim the Feed-in Tariff
Contact us for a no-obligation estimate of our solar PV installation costs and your potential revenue. And remember, installing solar PV will also help you meet the Code for Sustainable Housing (CSH), planning requirements and your own CO2 reduction targets.
The current rates and eligible technologies can be found on the DECC web site.
E.ON's headquarters solar array has the potential to generate 25 mega watt hours per year and it also saves around 14.2 tonnes of CO2 per annum.
Your next step
Let E.ON take care of the design, installation, any meter requirements and claiming the Feed-in Tariff. It's simple, hassle-free and who better to help you than one of the world's largest investor-owned energy companies with all the accreditations and certification you'll need for installing Solar PV.
If you need help in meeting the legislation and regulations that affect you, call 0800 051 5687 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email us.