Micro business refunds

If you’ve got a question about refunds, take a look at our answers to Frequently Asked Questions below.

To process a refund, we usually need an up to date meter reading to make sure your account’s up to date, so if you’re getting in touch, please have this to hand.

I’m supplied by E.ON and my invoice is showing a credit balance, can I have a refund?

If you are supplied by us we’ll need to make sure you’re billed up to date, so you’ll need to provide us with an actual meter reading. If you have other accounts in your portfolio, they would need to be paid up to date too. You can submit your meter reading, or discuss your other accounts by calling us on the number at the top of your bill. If your supply is Half-Hourly metered there is no need for you to  give us  a reading.

I’ve changed supplier and my account is in credit. How do I get a refund?

Once we’ve sent your final bill we’ll refund you any credit by cheque (within 28 days, unless your credit is over £5000, in which case it might take us a little longer).

If you’re concerned that you haven’t received a refund after changing supplier and it’s been more than 28 days since you received your final bill, give us a call on the number on the top of your invoice and we’ll be happy to help.


I've moved out of a premises and my account is in credit. How do I get a refund?

When you give us your final meter readings and a forwarding address, we’ll update your account, calculate your balance and send you your final bill.

We'll usually refund you any credit on a final bill if we have an actual meter reading and you have told us your forwarding address. If you paid by Direct Debit we’ll refund your bank account, so please don’t cancel your Direct Debit. If you paid any other way we’ll send you a cheque.