If you smell gas or need to report a gas explosion or fire, call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on this number: 0800 111 999.
- Put out all naked flames and don’t smoke.
- Don’t switch any electrical appliances on or off, including light switches.
- Open doors and windows.
- Turn off any gas equipment that could have caused the leak.
- Keep other people away from the area.
- Turn off your gas meter unless it’s in a confined space or cellar as the fumes could harm you.
Read more about the steps some of our business customers need to do to prepare for gas supply emergencies.