More information about the Direct Debit Guarantee and how we work out your payments.
What is a Direct Debit Guarantee?
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, we’ll let you know 10 working days before we take the money from your account, or as otherwise agreed.
- If you ask us to take a payment, we’ll confirm the amount and date to you.
- If a mistake is made when paying your Direct Debit, either by us or your bank or building society, you’ll get a full refund.
- If you get a refund you’re not entitled to, you’ll need to send it back when we ask you to.
- You can cancel your Direct Debit at any time. Simply contact your bank or building society. Please notify us.
Direct Debit policy
Read our handy guide to Direct Debits.
If you’re paying by monthly fixed Direct Debit, the amount you pay is based on your estimated energy use until your next annual review. We regularly review your account. If your Direct Debit amount needs to change, we’ll give you 10 working days’ notice
How much energy you use can alter your Direct Debit amount, whether you’re on a fixed or variable contract.