- Have a high-efficiency condensing boiler – these are 90% efficient, running costs on older boilers can be over a third higher1.
- Control energy carefully – modern thermostats and timers give you more control over how hot your environment is, and when – and help you avoid expensive solutions like electric heaters.
- Heat water at the point of use – in areas with light usage, like staff rooms and toilets, it’s much more efficient and will let you turn the main boiler off in summer.
- Keep heat in – proper insulation is just as important in offices as it is in the home, as is draught exclusion.
- Consider a Building Energy Management System – this can automatically manage your boiler’s operation and divide the building into separately controlled heating zones.
1 The Boiler Efficiency Database lists gas boilers that operate at 90% efficiency.