If you’re interested in a smart meter, let us know here.
What happens next?
- We’ll make an appointment to come out and fit your smart meter. On rare occasions you won’t be able to get one because of poor signal strength in your area.
- If we can’t fit the meter on the day we’ll arrange to come back out at a later date to complete the installation.
- It will take around an hour to fit your new smart meter. Your electricity will be off for about 30 minutes during this time.
What you need to do
The smart meter will probably be installed in the same place as your old meter so please make your old meter easy to get to for our technician.
- Turn off sensitive equipment such as computers so they’re not affected when your electricity is turned off.
- Check the identity of our technician. If you’re in any doubt, call our Customer Service Centre on 0800 032 2409.
Your questions answered
Get answers to all your questions about smart meters with our help and support.
You can also get in touch with us if you want:
You can find us on Twitter (@EONhelp) or on Facebook if you've got a question. We're online 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm on Saturdays.
You can also contact us here.