Can you smell gas or do you think there's a gas leak? The first thing to do is to make sure that you stay safe, so please:
- don't smoke.
- don't light matches or cigarette lighters.
- don't turn light switches or anything electrical on or off.
- put out any naked flames such as candles.
- open all the doors and windows.
- turn off your gas supply at the meter (and leave it switched off until you're sure it's safe to turn it back on again).
Call the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999 to report a suspected gas leak. They'll sort out the problem and tell you what to do to stay safe.
Is your gas off?
If none of your gas appliances are working then it's likely to be a problem with the gas supply. Call the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999 to find out more and to let them know that your gas supply isn't working.
Or could it be a problem with your gas boiler?
Call us on 0800 051 1470 to arrange for a Gas Safe™ registered engineer to take a look and make sure everything is running safely. We cover most of the UK, but we'll be able to check if we cover where you live as soon as you call.
Are you having problems with your gas prepayment meter?
If you've got a prepayment meter for your gas and your gas is off, even though it's in credit, please call us on 0345 300 8144.