We can help if you, or someone you care for, are finding it hard to pay an energy bill or need help with your energy services.
Caring Energy support: our team is ready to help you
Our Caring Energy support team gives practical advice and support to people in debt. They also help out people who may be at risk if they can't pay their energy bill.
- A team member will talk to you about your situation and try to help you. If that person can't help, they will put you in touch with someone who can.
- The team can also advise you on ways to save money or energy, and tell you about benefits you could be able to claim.
- They will also tell you about different ways to pay your bill - for example, things like prepayment meters and fuel direct applications.
Call our Caring Energy support team from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on freephone 0800 051 1480.
Priority Service Register: free services to help you
If you, or someone you’re caring for, is of pensionable age, disabled, chronically ill, blind, partially sighted, deaf or hearing impaired, we can offer these free services through the Priority Services Register:
- Protection from bogus callers with a password protection and identity card scheme.
- Bills in talking Braille or large print if you're blind or your sight is impaired.
- Minicom or textphone facilities to get in touch with us easily.
- Quarterly meter readings so you get more accurate bills, making it easier to budget.
- Priority reconnection if an energy supply is interrupted and advance notice if we have to stop your supply.
- Alternative facilities for cooking and heating if your energy supply is interrupted.
- Arrangements for your bills to be sent or copied to someone else, such as a carer, who can help you read and check them.
- Annual gas safety checks to keep you safe.
- Your meter moved so it’s easier to reach.
To find out about the Priority Services Register scheme and its free services, call our Caring Energy support team from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on freephone 0800 051 1480.
Home Heat Helpline: free services and advice
The Home Heat Helpline gives free and independent advice about paying your bill, and also about grants and services to help you manage your energy bill.
You might be able to benefit if you’re:
- Over 70 years old
- A family on a low income
- Living with a long-term or serious health problem
Call the Home Heat Helpline from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm on freephone 0800 33 66 99 to find out if it could work for you, or visit the Home Heat Helpline website.
Debt support: how we can help if you can't pay your bill
If you can’t afford to pay your bill, there are different ways we can help. We can give you:
- Practical advice and support on debt management.
- Home visits to help you.
- Funding schemes from E.ON, charities or other businesses.
Whatever you do, it's important to contact us soon so we can help you. Call our Caring Energy support team from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on freephone 0800 051 1480.
Other people who can help you with debt
These organisations can also support you if you're having trouble paying for your bills:
Caring Energy support team
Our friendly team will try to help you with your situation - or put you in touch with someone who can.
Call from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on freephone 0800 051 1480.
Get £135 off your energy bill
Our Warm Home Discount scheme can give you money off your bill. Find out more and apply.
Heat your home for less
If you're on a low income, our energy saving home improvements can help your to heat your home.