E.ON Energy Fund

What is the Energy Fund?

Family in the street - E.ONThe E.ON Energy Fund has been set up to help the most vulnerable existing or previous customers of E.ON Energy, and who live in England, Scotland or Wales. 

The Fund can help pay current or final E.ON energy bill arrears. It can also help E.ON customers by providing replacement household items such as cookers, fridges, fridge-freezers and washing machines – and also help to replace and repair gas boilers as well as e-learning vouchers. The e-learning vouchers can support them in managing their finances, stay out of debt, help earn a qualification and if needed help them back to work. 

You can apply for the fund via an online application form or by calling 03303 80 10 90 to request a paper application form. 

April 2016 saw the first anniversary of the fund, our map shows the top 5 areas of the UK we've helped so far.

How do I know if I can apply?

If you or someone within your household meets one or more of the following criteria, you may be eligible to apply for support from the EON Energy fund:

• In receipt of pension credit
• In receipt of means tested Council Tax reduction
• In receipt of Child Tax Credits with a total gross household income less than or equal to £16,190
• In receipt of Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
• In receipt of Working Tax Credits with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less
• In receipt of Income Support or Income based Jobs Seekers Allowance
• In receipt of Universal Credit, however are not self employed or in work
• A total household of income of £16,190 or less
• Are seriously ill or have a terminal illness, which can be validated with a letter from a Doctor or Medical Practitioner.

If you meet one or more of the criteria above, you must evidence meeting these criteria, please see below for some guidance. 

• Proof of all household income for yourself and anyone living with you for the current tax year.
• All pages from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) stating your entitlement to a benefit and the amounts due to be paid for the current tax year 
• Pension letters for State or private pensions.  
• Medical confirmation from the organisation that referred to you the fund or a medical DS1500 form or medical confirmation from a consultant or your doctor. 
• If you're not eligible for help through the ECO Scheme and would like to apply to the E.ON Energy Fund for your boiler repair or replacement, you will need to provide two quotations from gas safe registered suppliers.  
• All supporting evidence must be less than three months old with the exception of Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) annual benefit letters, for example, State Pension and Child Benefit letters.  
• All documents must clearly show name and address details as well as the amounts currently being received for the current tax year.  
• If you are unsure what evidence you need to provide please contact Charis Grants. Please note original copies of documents may not always be returned. Please provide photocopies where possible.