Melanie Johnsson artwork giveaway terms and conditions
Have you been inspired to be more sustainable this year?
Win a print
Summary of Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions
1. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter (as defined at the end of these Terms and Conditions), its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Prize Draw.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Instagram account are required.
3. Prize Draw Period: Enter between 12:00 GMT on the 28th October 2020 and 23:59 GMT on the 27th November 2020 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @eonenergyuk and then like and comment underneath their Instagram promotional post of an image of the print, which also asks the question ‘Have you been inspired to be more suitable this year?’
You must continue to have your profile on a public setting & follow the @eonenergyuk account for 4 weeks after the end of the Prize Draw Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
5. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Prize Draw Period.
6. The Prizes: There will be a total of 25 winners. Each winner will win 1 x sustainability inspired print which changes once the room temperature reaches 21oC.
7. Further Entry & Prize Details and Conditions:
a. You must not include content that contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including but not limited to sexist or racist language or imagery.
b. You must not condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour and not cause offence on the grounds of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age.
c. You must not include any content that infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights, excluding that of the Promoter.
8. Winner Selection: 25 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Prize Draw Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Prize Draw Period.
9. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the Instagram account used to enter within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to the Promoter’s agency partner Promo Veritas to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner as outlined at point 8 above. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of their written acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by contacting the Promoter’s agency partner Mischief by emailing [email protected] In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
11. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
12. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email request to [email protected] one month after the close of the Prize Draw, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification/Prize Acceptance. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
13. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
14. In the event that the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Prize Draw, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Prize Draw or invalidate any affected entries.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram.
16. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram, and that Instagram has no liability for any element of this Prize Draw.
17. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Prize Draw or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
18. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Prize Draw. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Prize Draw in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Prize Draw, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
22. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
23. By entering this Prize Draw, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
24. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
25. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: E.ON Energy Solutions Limited, Westwood Way Westwood Business Park Coventry, CV4 8LG United Kingdom.