Celebrating one year of 100% renewable electricity
Celebrating one year of 100% renewables-backed electricity
Nobody could have predicted what the past year would bring. But amongst the lows, there have been some truly remarkable achievements during the past 12 months.
We saw Britain set a new record with more than two months of coal-free electricity generation – a first since the industrial revolution. And, as an unintended consequence of lockdown, we saw air pollution levels fall dramatically with more of us staying at home to keep ourselves and others safe.
It’s now been a year since we started supplying all our customers’ homes with 100% renewables-backed electricity as standard and at no extra cost1. Some 3.4 million customers’ homes are now benefiting and eligible small business customers now get renewables-backed electricity when they renew with us.2
The ‘new normal’
From recycling household waste to using reusable coffee cups and water bottles, we all try to do our bit to help tackle the climate crisis. But how have our attitudes shifted over the past year, and in particular, how has lockdown changed our views regarding sustainability?
We decided to find out.
Following months of separation, it’s hardly surprising that our new research3 has revealed spending time with loved ones is our top priority post-lockdown. But perhaps more surprising is that sustainability has become a real focus for our ‘new normal’.
Nearly half of the people we asked told us lockdown measures have encouraged them to reconsider how sustainable their lives are. And half of people said they’re more aware of the impact they’re having on the environment since lockdown, reporting they’ve noticed how the air has been cleaner in their local area, how much household waste they create, and the amount of electricity they use in the home.
Here are the top five things the British public is planning to do post-lockdown:
- Spend time with family and friends (51%)
- Support local businesses (43%)
- Cook their own meals rather than going out (40%)
- Be more sustainable (37%)
- Walk or cycle rather than using the car (34%)
Our CEO Michael Lewis said: “At home and in business, this pandemic has made us all consider what’s most important, and it’s heartening to see across the nation we’re planning on putting sustainability at the heart of our ‘new normal’.”
We regularly ask our customers for feedback about how we’re doing and if we can improve and we’ve loved seeing positive feedback from our customers about receiving 100% renewable s-backed electricity1.
- “Good value for money and 100% renewable energy supply”
- “I learnt that E.ON is 100% renewable energy. Great service E.ON to mother earth… keep it up”
- “The price of energy is competitive and E.ON is mindful about climate change and is taking actions to become a renewable energy provider”
We’re committed to a sustainable and renewable future so we’re proud to have been awarded ‘Best green services’ in the latest Uswitch Energy Awards in the Larger Supplier category. And we’ve also been named ‘Best value for money’ of the Larger Suppliers, proving that sustainability needn’t cost the earth.
Find out more about our 100% renewables-backed electricity here, and take a look at our energy efficient solutions such as new boilers, smart meters and solar panels to go that extra mile on your sustainability journey.
1. Electricity sourced from E.ON’s renewable generation assets, supply agreements with independent UK wind generators and the purchase of renewable electricity certificates. The electricity supplied to your homes comes from the National Grid. Find out more at eonenergy.com/renewable
2. SME customers that sign a contract directly with E.ON. Electricity sourced from E.ON’s renewable generation assets, supply agreements with independent UK wind generators and the purchase of renewable electricity certificates. The electricity supplied to homes and businesses comes from the National Grid.
3. Research conducted on behalf of E.ON by 3GEM in June 2020 with 2,000 UK adults.
Read our latest blogs to discover more about how E.ON is leading the energy transition through smart and sustainable solutions.
100% renewable electricity
We believe in a sustainable future, that's why we provide our customers' homes with electricity backed by 100% renewable sources including wind, biomass and solar, as standard.
Our coronavirus support hub
The safety of customers and colleagues is our main priority, and as the coronavirus situation develops, we want to reassure people that we’re here to help.