Live chat Terms and Conditions
We'll be continuing to improve our live chat service (“Service”) and over time we'll be introducing more subject areas to extend the Service. There will be some subjects we won’t be able to help you with using the Service, and you’ll need to contact us via another method such as by phone or email.
The Terms and Conditions for the Service are set out below.
- The Service is used at your own risk and we don’t accept any liability for any loss, damage or otherwise.
- You accept that by providing your name and by participating or commencing the chat session you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge and agree to us retaining scripts of chat sessions for approximately 24 months for training and quality purposes, and in the event of any queries or complaints in relation to the Service.
- You accept that by providing your email address and by participating or commencing the chat session that E.ON will automatically send you a transcript of the chat for your own use.
- You won’t be asked for passwords for online accounts.
- The Service excludes the processing of payments using card details. If you were to inadvertently type in your card details, these will be automatically masked so our advisors can’t see them, and they won’t be included in your chat transcript.
- If you’d like to make a payment with a credit or debit card, you’ll need to use our payment form or contact us.
- To support you in navigating our website we may, at our absolute discretion, offer a screen sharing service which you will need to initiate. We’ll only be able to see the E.ON website on your screen, and no other pages or other applications on your device. If an advisor wants to help by taking control of your mouse pointer this will be on our website only, and we’ll ask beforehand for your permission to do this.
- The availability of the Service is not guaranteed, and we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to suspend or remove the Service without any prior written or verbal notice.
- If we find or suspect misuse of the Service, we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to suspend or remove access to the Service.
- E.ON won’t tolerate abusive behaviour or language from customers using this service. Should we receive any comments we deem to be offensive, discriminatory or in breach of any applicable laws, we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to disconnect chat sessions.
We're always working to make things better for you, which is why we want to know if you're not happy.
It's time to clear the air
Towns and cities across the UK are suffering from illegal levels of air pollution. We think it’s time to do something about it.
Support and advice if you need a little extra help with managing your energy and bills.