The legal stuff
1. Electricity sourced from E.ON’s renewable generation assets, supply agreements with independent UK wind generators and the purchase of renewable electricity certificates. The electricity supplied to your homes comes from the National Grid. Find out more at eonenergy.com/renewable.
Terms and conditions
Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, E.ON Energy Residential account holders, 18+ only. Weekly between 01.09.2020 – 29.03.2021. Visit www.eonenergy.com/win and fill in the online form to be entered into the Prize Draw. No purchase necessary. Prizes: 30 x UK Holidays, from a choice of 9 locations. Internet access required. Max 1 entry per account holder during the prize draw period, once entry has been made this will result in 1 x automatic entry into prize draw per week. Visit www.eonenergy.com/win for full T&Cs & prize details. Promoter: E.ON Energy Solutions Limited.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Prize Draw is open to the named account lead, or bill payer of an E.ON Energy Residential account, who are residents of Great Britain, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Prize Draw.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, this Prize Draw is open only to current E.ON Energy Residential customers whom have an E.ON Energy customer account number. Any customer transferring to E.ON from any other provider is only eligible to enter once they have received their E.ON Energy customer reference number.
3. No purchase necessary; however, internet access, an account with E.ON Energy and a valid email address are required for entry into this Prize Draw.
4. Prize Draw Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on the 1st September 2020 and 23:59 GMT on the 29th March 2021 inclusive.
5. To Enter: Visit www.eonenergy.com/win and complete the online form to provide your details (name, address, email address and phone number) to be entered into the Prize Draw. (“Entry”) Enter only once and you will automatically be given a single entry into each weeks Prize Draw during the Prize Draw Period
6. A valid Entry made during the Prize Draw Period will result in a single entry into each weeks Prize Draw during the entire Prize Draw Period.
7. A maximum of 1 Entry (as defined in Clause 5) is permitted per E.ON Energy account. This will result in 1 x automatic entry per week into the Prize Draw during the Prize Draw Period.
8. Entry must be made by the named account lead for E.ON Energy Residential accounts.
9. Maximum of 1 Prize per account during the entire Prize Draw Period.
10. The Prizes: There will be a total of 30 winners equating to 1 winner per week. Each winner will win 1 x UK holiday. Winners can each choose their UK holiday from the following options:
1. Eilean Sinnach Lighthouse Cottage, Isle of Sky
i. Return boat transfer to your accommodation from Isle Ornsay Pier
ii. 4 x nights’ accommodation in the cottage on a private island
iii. 1 x £300 gift card for a supermarket of the winner’s choice
iv. Kayaking experience lead by a fully qualified Leader and Coach
v. Selection of board games
vi. Maximum 8 guests; 4 x double rooms with en-suites
vii. £200 travel allowance to/from the Isle Ornsay Pier.
2. Lime Treehouse at Bredon Hill Treehouses, The Midlands (https://www.bredonhilltreehouses.co.uk/)
i. 6 x nights’ accommodation in Lime Treehouse at Bredon Hill Treehouses
ii. 1 x double bed and 2 x single beds (suitable for 2 x adults and 2 x children)
iii. Hot tub on private deck
v. Welcome hamper on arrival including bread, marmalade, granola, crisps, orange juice, milk, butter and bacon
vi. Bottle of prosecco in treehouse on arrival
vii. 1 x £400 gift card for a supermarket of the winner’s choice
viii. The ultimate movie night bundle including cinema snacks, 4 x oodies (wearable blankets) and a popcorn machine
ix. A day at the stables including a lesson for both the adults & children
x. £400 travel allowance
3. The Shipwreck, Whitsand Bay, Cornwall
i. 3 x nights’ accommodation at The Shipwreck, built entirely from the washed-up timber of a marooned cargo ship
ii. Private chef for 2 days to cook dinner
iii. Welcome hamper on arrival including breakfast and lunch essentials, including bread, milk, juice, ham and cheese.
i. One double bedroom with king-size bed and large bath, one bunk room suitable for children under the age of 12, one family shower room
ii. £300 travel allowance
4. Another Place, Lake District
i. 5 x nights’ accommodation
ii. Breakfast & dinner included each day at the hotel restaurant
iii. 1.5-hour Kayaking course across the lakes. Suitable for age 10 +. Children aged between 10 – 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
iv. For 4 x people
v. £400 travel allowance
5. Luxury on the Lagoon, Norfolk
i. 7 x nights’ accommodation
ii. 2 x double rooms, 1 x double OR twin room, 1 x small twin room
iii. BBQ & outside lounge
iv. 1 x £300 gift card for a supermarket of the winner’s choice
v. £400 travel allowance
6. The Barnhouse at Lakes by Yoo, The Cotswolds
i. 3 x nights’ accommodation
ii. 1 x Emperor bed, 3 x Super kind bed, 1 x twin bed
iii. Outdoor heated pool
iv. Gas BBQ
v. Outdoor terraces on ground & top floor
vi. Large private garden
vii. Bike hire available throughout entire stay
viii. 1 x £200 gift card for a supermarket of the winners choice
ix. £200 travel allowance
7. The Old Schoolhouse, Scottish Isles
The island is vehicle free, and there is a 45-minute walk from the jetty to the cottage. For this reason, this trip may not be suitable for families with young children or those who are less able to walk long distances. Guests’ luggage will be transferred from the jetty to the cottage by a trailer, and then again on departure. Cottage is only available for stays between March – October.
i. Return RIB boat transfers to the island
ii. 7 x nights’ accommodation
iii. 1 x £400 gift card for a supermarket of the winner’s choice
iv. A full day private wildlife spotting on RIB charter with guide
v. 2 x double bedrooms
vi. £400 travel allowance to Loch Moidart, Western Scotland
8. Fireside Suite at the Brimstone Hotel, Lake District
i. 2 x adults only
ii. 5 x nights’ accommodation
iii. Breakfast each morning
iv. Complimentary snacks and drinks in the Reading Room
v. 3 x course dinner at the hotel restaurant each evening
vi. Spa treatment of winner’s choice
vii. Thermal experience, including herbal sauna, Finnish sauna, ice fountain and Himalaya salt steam room
viii. £200 travel allowance
9. Leopard Creek Wigwam at Port Lympne Hotel, Kent
Booking available from April 2021.
i. Including:2 x nights’ accommodation
ii. Breakfast each morning
iii. Exclusive AAA safari with the chance to meet & greet giraffes and rhinos
iv. 3 x course dinner on one of the evenings at Babydolls Italian
v. 2 x double beds. Max 4 x guests.
vi. £200 travel allowance
11. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
b. Guests below the age of 18 must provide written parental consent to travel unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
c. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
d. The holiday must be booked and taken within 12 months of Winner Notification (subject to availability). At least 6 weeks’ advance notice of preferred date of stay must be given. The prize cannot be taken during the excluded dates listed below. Stays may not be booked for the following dates: Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Easter, and Bank Holiday periods in the UK (“Excluded Dates”).
e. Specified accommodation, restaurants, and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered depending on availability.
f. It will be the winner’s and (if applicable) their guest's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
g. The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the Promoter or organisers if the holiday or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
h. It is the responsibility of the Winner and any guest to check any travel advisories issued by the Government, to determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the destination. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any winner or their guest arising out of their failure to follow any travel advisories issued by the Government.
i. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your stay and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services.
j. Certain parts of the prize may require particular levels of health or fitness. Entrants should ensure that they are capable of meeting the required standards.
k. Activities may vary depending on availability and weather conditions.
l. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
m. The winner must inform the Promoter of any dietary requirements or allergens two-weeks prior to attending the holiday, where applicable.
n. By participating in the Prize Draw, entrants agree that the Prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that the Promoter makes no representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the Prize.
12. Winner Selection: 1 winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received each week during the entire Prize Draw Period. There will be a total of 30 winners throughout the Prize Draw Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by an independent Prize Draw verification service, within 2 working days of the end of each week throughout the entire Prize Draw Period.
13. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the phone number provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm acceptance of the Prize (“Prize Acceptance”), within 10 working days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 10 working days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. The Promoter will try to contact each winner a maximum of 3 times with no answer before the Prize is forfeited and the winner is disqualified. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected via the Winner Selection. Reserve winners will have 5 working days to respond. Winners will be able to immediately commence organisation of their Prize following Prize Acceptance.
14. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
15. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available to anyone that emails [email protected] with the subject line ‘E.ON Clean Air Escapes Winners List’ requesting a list of winners. The list will be available one month after the close of the Prize Draw Period, for a period of 8 weeks. Winners can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced, sending an email request to [email protected] with the subject line ‘E.ON Clean Air Escapes Winners List’. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
16. The Promoter will request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Prize Draw. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
17. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
18. In the event that the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Prize Draw, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Prize Draw or invalidate any affected entries.
19. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of submitting will not be accepted as proof of entry. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the entry-site.
20. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Prize Draw or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
21. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Prize Draw. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Prize Draw in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Prize Draw, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
22. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
23. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
25. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
26. By entering this Prize Draw, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
27. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
28. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: E.ON Energy, Regent House, Brentwood, B17 4BB
Third Party Agency: Black Tomato, 4-14 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4LU