Prize draw now closed
Terms and Conditions - Prize draw now closed for new entries
Summary of Terms and Conditions:
E.ON customers who are 18+ and based in Great Britain only.
Enter by: 30.01.20. No purchase necessary.
To Enter: Visit https://www.eonenergy.com/win and fill in the form to be entered into the draw.
Tier 1:1 x personalised holiday (to the value of £5000).
Tier 2: a) 10 x tadoº Smart Thermostats. b) 5 x electric bikes.
Tier 3: 35 x £30 Amazon vouchers. See https://www.eonenergy.com/win for full T&Cs and prize details.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) who are aged 18 years or over and customers of E.ON for gas and/or electricity when the prize draw concludes (23.59 GMT on 30th January 2020) to be considered eligible for entry into the promotion. Employees of E.ON or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies and members of these employee’s families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), plus any other associated agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are excluded from entering the promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access is required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 9am 9th December 2019 to 23.59 GMT on 30th January 2020. Entries received by the Promotor after the closing date and time will be invalid and will not be entered into this Promotion.
4. To Enter: Visit https://www.eonenergy.com/win and complete the online form to provide your details (name, address, email address, and contact telephone number) in order to be entered into the Prize Draw.
5. Only one entry per household, except for E.ON customers who have been supplied gas and/or electricity by E.ON for three years or more at the point the Promotion closes (23.59 GMT on 30th January 2020), who will get a maximum of one additional automatic entry per household.
6. The Prizes: 51 winners will each win one of the following prizes allocated at random:
a. 1 x personalised holiday for the winner and up to 3 guests, to the value of £5,000. An allowance of £500 only can be kept as spending money on the holiday.
b. 1 of 10 x tadoº Smart Thermostats.
c. 1 of 5 x Electric Bikes.
d. 1 of 35 x £30 Amazon vouchers.
7. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. Personalised Holiday:
i. The personalised holiday will be to the value of £5,000 and cannot exceed this amount. As stated above, an allowance of £500 only can be kept as spending money on the holiday. With the exception of the £500 spending money allowance, any remaining amount not spent on travel and accommodation will not be offered as a cash alternative.
ii. The winner can book a personalised holiday that costs more than £5000, but any costs beyond the £5000 will be at the winner’s own expense.
iii. The holiday will be created and planned with the winner upon acceptance of the prize.
iv. The winner and their guests must travel together in both directions.
v. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
vi. Destinations and dates are subject to availability at time of booking.
vii. The holiday must be taken within 1 year of prize acceptance. Destination and preferred dates must be communicated a minimum of 6 weeks prior to proposed departure.
viii. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel insurance, travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
ix. The winner and their guests must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
x. Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown. No alternatives are available. Name changes to the flight once confirmed are not permitted.
xi. If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
xii. Flights cannot be used in conjunction with the Promoter's/any loyalty programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer.
xiii. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services. The winner and their guests are solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
xiv. The winner and their guests will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their guests. In the event the winner or their guests are unable to travel due to visa or other personal circumstances, no alternative tickets will be issued, and no compensation or other prize will be provided.
xv. Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if the winner and their guests fail to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize, or if the winner and their guests acts in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
xvi. Once tickets have been issued, the Promoter, will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, illness of a performer or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter.
xvii. The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the Promoter if the holiday or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
xviii. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guests to check any travel advisories issued by a Government, to determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the destination. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any winner or their guests arising out of their failure to follow any travel advisories issued by a Government. The winner and their guests must comply with and are responsible for obtaining all information regarding any recommended inoculation and obtaining the inoculation(s) and health regulations required by any Prize destination country.
xix. It will be the winner and their guests’ responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
xx. The Prize will be forfeited if:
a) the winner has not obtained all of the proper travel documents by the date specified by the Promoter;
b) the winner has any immigration complications which prevent them from entering, leaving or travelling within their chosen destination.
c) the winner has any medical, legal or any other reason that would prevent you from accepting and participating in the Prize.
b. Tadoº Smart Thermostat
i. The tadoº Smart Thermostat installation will be arranged by E.ON. This will be arranged with winners of the thermostats during winner notification. Prize includes tadoº Smart Thermostat and installation. Terms and Conditions apply - https://nextsteps.eoninstall.com/Tado/Order/Terms
c. Electric Bikes
i. The winners will receive the bikes within 6 weeks after the closing date. Prizes can only be sent to the country of residence stated in clause 1.
ii. The Prizes will be sent via tracked courier within 6 weeks of the closing date.
d. Amazon Vouchers:
i. Amazon vouchers are subject to their own terms and conditions which can be located at: https://www.amazon.co.uk
8. Winner Selection: 51 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
9. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 10 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion. Prizes can only be sent to the country mentioned in clause 1.
11. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prizes is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
12. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available by sending a correctly stamped self-addressed envelope/postcard to JS10693 E.ON Winter Holiday WL, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. The winners may object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
13. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted that they are bound by the terms and conditions
14. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to their website.
16. By entering this promotion, winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity relating to this promotion only, arranged by the Promoter or by its agencies.
18. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
19. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
20. The Promoter may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
21. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
22. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
23. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
24. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts or England and Wales.
Promoter: E.ON Energy Solutions Ltd. Registered office Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG. Registered in England and Wales No. 3407430