We can help if you, or someone you care for, are finding it hard to pay an energy bill or need help with your energy services.
Get in touch
If you, or someone you care for, are finding it difficult to pay your energy bill, we can help you. We'll take into account your circumstances so you'll need to tell us about your situation. Our trained advisors will listen and advise you on the payment options available. Setting up an arrangement to pay an agreed amount weekly, fortnightly, or monthly, can help you repay what you owe in manageable instalments.
Call us today on 0345 301 5882 and choose option one. We're open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 4pm on Saturdays.
What happens if you don't contact us and don't pay?
Taking further action is the last thing we want to do, so please contact us as soon as you can. If we don't hear from you we can:
- Contact you by phone and letter.
- Visit you at home to collect what you owe.
- Pass your account to a debt collection agency.
- Obtain a warrant to gain entry to your home to fit a prepayment meter where it is safe to do so.
- If we're unable to fit a prepayment meter we may disconnect your supply.
If we have to come out to visit you or gain entry to your home, we'll add any costs that we have to make to your account.
Ways to make a payment
We offer lots of ways for you to pay but why not pay your bill online?
Independent external support
These organisations can also support you if you're having trouble paying your bills:
- Home Heat Helpline provides free advice to people worried about being able to pay their energy bills. Call Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm on freephone 0800 33 66 99.
- National Debtline is a free service offering debt advice. Call Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm, or Saturday from 9.30am to 1pm on freephone 0808 808 4000.
- Citizens Advice aims to provide advice people need for the problems they face. For England call 08444 111 444, for Wales call 08444 77 20 20.
- Money Advice Trust, a charity that helps people to tackle debts and manage their money wisely.
- StepChange is a charity offering free advice to help people overcome their debt problems. Call freephone 0800 138 1111.