Feed-in Tariffs

What is a Feed-in Tariff?

The Feed-in Tariff (FiT) is a government run scheme designed to promote small scale renewable electricity generation, for example solar panels or wind turbines. You're paid for all the electricity you generate it doesn't matter if you export it to the grid or use it all yourself.

The Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme closed to new applicants on 1 April 2019. This doesn’t affect you if you already receive FIT payments.

How can I give you FiT meter readings?

You can register to manage your account online. You’ll be able to enter your meter readings online and review previous payments. 


Can I pay my energy bills with the money I earn from FiT?

No, your FiT payment and utility bills are separate and can't be offset against one another so you'll still need to pay your energy bill as normal.

What happens to my Feed-in Tariff if I move home?

If you have a system installed at your home to generate energy, such as solar panels and are planning to move house, you won’t get FiT payments any more. Payments are paid to whoever owns the property where the system is installed. If you move house, the new homeowner will receive the payments. 

Live chat

Need help with your FiT account?

Chat with an advisor now.