Skip to content

What are feed in tariffs?

What do you need to enclose with your application?

A valid MCS certificate.

A valid EPC certificate - Dated on or before the date of installation.

A valid EPC exemption letter - if applicable.

Valid Start Reading - on or after the date the application is received by us. If you're sending your application via e-mail please provide a reading from the day you send this to us. If you’re posting your application to us we'll call you to obtain a start reading.

Proof of ownership - if you own the property it should be in the name of the generator – e.g. final invoice showing a zero balance or a fully paid invoice from the installers or if a property with an existing installation was purchased, a headed letter from the developers confirming the solar panels were included in the sale.

A signed lease - if you don't own the property from which you're generating electricity, please provide a lease which is signed and dated by both parties, confirming that you have permission to generate.

Proof of identification - e.g. photocopy of passport, driving licence or the equivalent identification document issued by a recognised official body (this needs to be provided even if you're already an E.ON customer).

Proof of Address - e.g. utility bill, bank statement, council tax bill.

Couple moving into a new home - E.ON

  • FiT explained

    The Government brought in FiT in April 2010 to encourage us all to install our own small-scale low carbon energy devices such as solar panels and wind turbines. Why? Because this will help the UK meet its target of making 15% of all energy renewable by 2020. E.ON is a mandatory FiT supplier and registered energy suppliers like us will make payments to you on behalf of the Government for the electricity you generate.

    As well as generating your own electricity which can be used in your home, any that you've not used can be 'fed' into the national grid, for other people to use. To find out more about the FiT for your device, including solar panels and wind turbines, it's best to look at the Department of Energy and Climate Change website.

    When your FiT application with E.ON is complete and your account is ready, you can register to manage your online FiT account, enter readings and review your payments.

    If you're not an E.ON customer, you can check to see if your current electricity supplier is registered to offer FiT.

  • You need to have one of the following:

    • Solar PV panels
    • Wind Turbines
    • Anaerobic digestion
    • Hydro-electric
    • Small-scale micro Combined Heat and Power (CHP) units (up to 2kW only).

    And you must:

    • Generate 5MW or less
    • Have had your equipment installed on or after 1 April 2010
    • Have your installation accredited by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) or a Renewables Obligation Order (ROO FiT).

  • When applying

    Make sure you only send copies of documents, as we can’t return the originals to you.

    If any of the requested documents aren’t provided or details are completed incorrectly then your application may be be returned with confidential information destroyed. You’ll then have to re-apply.

    If you've sent in your application request alongside a valid MCS certificate then we'll be able to set your eligibility date even if you need to re-apply.

  • After you've applied

    Once the application process is complete, we'll send you a welcome pack. This contains your FiT plan and your terms and conditions which you will need to sign, date and return to us within 10 working days. Once we receive everything back, and setup your FiT account, you can start providing us meter readings for payment.

    You'll need to provide a meter reading every 3 months for the length of your FiT agreement. Your reading date can be found on your FiT plan.

    If you need more information, please take a look at our Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQs, or refer to our Terms and ConditionsTerms and Conditions.

How to apply for the FiT scheme