You'll be able to see how much energy you're using, so you can understand and manage the energy you use. And if you get a smart meter, you won't need to submit your meter readings, as we can read your meter automatically.
We’ll set everything up
- A smart meter replaces your old meter
- It takes about an hour per fuel to install
- Our friendly technicians will show you how to use your Smart Energy Display
- We’ll need to turn your energy off for around 30 minutes per fuel while we fit the meters
It won’t take a moment
- We’ll need to ask you some questions to see if we’re able to fit one
- Tell us anything you’d like our technician to know when they come to install your new smart meter
If you’re a Dual Fuel customer, you’ll get two smart meters. One will replace your current electricity meter and the other will replace your current gas meter. If you just get your electricity from us, you’ll only get the one smart meter.
Smart meters work using GPRS technology – the same used by a mobile phone. We’ll need to ensure that there’s a good signal in your area for your meter to work properly.
If you change supplier, you may lose some of the benefits of having an E.ON smart meter. Your smart meter and Smart Energy Display will still be able to communicate with each other to show you how much energy you’re using, but it’ll show your E.ON prices and not the fuel prices from your new supplier. For more information, see our Smart Hub.