Update on Solar PV panels and battery installations following the latest coronavirus guidance - click here for details
It's important that we keep our customers and colleagues safe during coronavirus, so we've put some steps in place to make sure your solar panel installation goes safely.
Before your installation appointment:
We'll attempt to contact you ahead of your planned installation date with a few questions to make sure it is safe for you and our installer to go ahead with the install.
If it's clear the installation is unable to go ahead, we'll rearrange your installation for when it 'll be safe to go ahead.
Day of your installation appointment:
When our installers arrive they'll ask you some COVID-19 related questions from a safe distance to check that it’s still safe for your installation to go ahead. If there's been a change in your household circumstances and the installaion isn't safe to go ahead, we'll reschedule your installation to a future date when it will be safe for our installers to return.
If we’re able to proceed with your installation on the day as planned, there are a number of further precautions we’ll take to make sure we keep you and our installers as safe as possible:
• Our installers will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and frequently wash and sanitise their hands for the duration of your install
• Maintaining social distancing of two meters between our installers and members of your household - we may ask you to remain in a separate room where possible
• Our installers will be taking all possible steps to maintain social distancing of two meters between them. However, where this is not possible for essential operations, they will wear additional personal protective equipment
• Our installers will frequently clean regularly touched objects and surfaces e.g. tools, door handles and counter tops
• Our installers will ensure all waste is removed when the job is finished
• The need for a signature on any paperwork has also been removed
We are taking these steps to ensure you and our colleagues are safe and thank you for your full support
Installing quality solar panels in a safe environment
We manage the entire installation so you don't have to do a thing.
Is my home suitable for solar panel installation?
Do I need to get planning permission to get solar panels installed?
Can I put up my own scaffolding?
Are your installers E.ON employees?
How long does it take from consultation to install?
The legal stuff
1 E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited acts as a credit broker and not a lender and work exclusively with Creation Consumer Finance Ltd who acts as the lender. Credit subject to status, terms and conditions apply and can be found at eonenergy.com/solar, E.ON reserves the right to amend its finance offering at any time and may withdraw at short notice. E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 09965944 with its registered office at Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG. E.ON Energy Installation Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to credit broking services under number 750410.