Help and support
Gas: call 0800 111 999
If you think you've got a leak, make sure to:
- Switch off the appliance and don’t use it again until an approved engineer has checked it.
- Open all your doors and windows and go outside to get some fresh air.
- Tell your GP even if you don’t feel unwell and ask for either a blood or breath test to check for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Explore our FAQs
Other ways to get in touch
Small energy users:
Need to speak to someone quickly? Then give us a call on 0345 055 0065. We’re open from 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
Large energy users:
For business gas, electricity and energy management queries for large businesses, we have dedicated teams on stand by to help.
Call us on 02476 42 42 42 or request a callback. We're open Monday to Thursday from 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 4pm.
You can send us a letter at:
Business Customer Service
E.ON Energy Solutions Limited
PO Box 2010
Your online account
- How do I register to manage my account online?
- I've changed my email address, what should I do?
- Why forgotten my login ID, what should I do?
- I've forgotten my password, what should I do?
- I'm having problems looking at my bills, what should I do?
Still got questions? See our online account help page for more answers.
Changing supplier / moving premises
- How do I join E.ON?
- Do I need to let my existing supplier know I'm joining E.ON?
- How will I know my switch to E.ON is complete?
- When will you need my opening meter readings?
- I've submitted my opening meter readings but my online account is still saying I need to send them in. Why is this?
- I'm moving in/out, what do I need to do?
Still got questions? See our changing supplier help page for more answers.
Bills and payments
- How can I set up a Direct Debit?
- How does my monthly Direct Debit work?
- What happens if I'm in debt or credit at my annual review?
- Why have you reviewed my payments?
- How can I make sure my Direct Debit payments match how much energy I'm using?
- What do I do if I can't afford my Direct Debit?
Still got questions? See our Direct Debit help page for more answers.
Our most frequently asked metering questions
- How do I read my meter?
- I think my meter is faulty, what should I do?
- I've just had my meter changed, do I need to do anything?
- My new meter details aren't showing on my bill, what should I do?
- How do I know if I have an imperial or gas meter?
If these don't help, we have more help about meters.
Our most frequently asked automated meter reading (AMR) questions
Automated Meter Reading (AMR) is a technological development that allows reliable and accurate billing based on actual energy consumption.* It automatically sends consumption information (such as meter readings) directly to your energy supplier.
* We may have to estimate a bill if there is a problem with connecting to your meter. We'll contact you to in this event so we can investigate the fault.
- What if I already have an advanced meter?
- Is an advanced meter the same as a smart meter?
- Will you keep my business information safe?
If these don't help, we have more help about automated meter reading.
We strive to give you the best service we can, but we know we get it wrong from time to time. So let us put it right.